The robotic surgery method is used in difficult surgicaL procedures due to its advantages. The gynecoLogy cLinic aLso successfuLLy uses this method that integrates the patient into normaL Life in a short time.
The uses of robotic surgery in gynecoLogicaL diseases are:
• With robotic surgery, uterine and ovarian surgeries are performed from a single incision in the abdomen only. Appropriate myomas can also be removed.
• Robotic surgery can be used also in infertility treatment. Restoration of blocked tubes, removal of adhesions around ovaries and fallopian tubes are performed.
• Pains caused by adhesions disappear.
• Robotic surgery makes lymph node removal easier in cancer surgeries.
• In uterine cancer surgeries done with robotic surgical methods, the patient has a shorter recovery and faster return to normal life.
It Saves Time
• Robotic surgery method saves time in proLapsed uterine and pelvic floor reconstruction surgeries aLso.
• Robotic surgery method provides a favorabLe
environment for removal of lymph nodes around the aorta. During surgery the ability of precise movements may lessen the risk of compLication in surgeries in these areas.
• One of the patient groups that benefit most from robotic surgery are the overweight, in other words patients with a high body mass index. With these patients, in laproscopic surgery, thick fat tissue and thick, excess intra-abdominal fat make it difficult for tools to move. Surgical area is narrowed down. Whereas robotic surgery provides an important advantage both in gynecoLogicaL and in cancer surgeries.
Group Florence Nightingale Hospital's Health Magazine - Number : 5