What is PET – MRI?
MRI is an imaging modality with high sensitivity to detect cancer. PET can diagnose cancer with tumor specific radiotracers increasing accuracy in cancer diagnosis. PET – MRI is a high end technology product that inhabits high definition PET detectors in a 3 Tesla high magnetic field MRI resulting in most accurate imaging device for cancer diagnosis.
Simulataneous Use of 3 Tesla MRI and PET Detectors PET – MRI
- In PET – MRI scanner Whole Body MRI and simultaneous PET data acquisiton can be performed in one single examination.
- The combination of high-level soft tissue contrast of MRI together with functional MRI examinations and molecular signals originating from PET acquisition enables multi-parametric evaluation of cancer.
- Simultaneous data acquisition from PET detectors and MRI requires high technology. A high resolution whole body MRI together with PET acquisition provides volumetric 3D dataset that can depict tumors as small as 5 mm in size.
- With PET – MRI cancer diagnosis, TNM staging and assessment of treatment response can be performed in one single session.
- Although PET – MRI is mainly used for oncologic imaging, it is used in cardiac and neurological imaging as well.